Sunday 6th Oct
Newtown Team List v Canterbury Bulldogs Sat 11th July, 2015
Newtown Jets has named its team for VB NSW Cup Round 18 clash versus Canterbury being played at Henson Park, Saturday 11th July, 3pm kick-off.
Many thanks to our Player Sponsors listed in brackets.
1. Nathan Gardner (VIP Management)
2. Dallas Wells (Golden Barley Hotel)
3. Blake Ayshford (Charles Bailey Urbane Property Inner West)
4. Mitch Brown (Wyong Golf Club Brasserie)
5. Daniel Abou-Sleiman (Golden Barley Hotel)
6. Gerard McCallum (Undercover Music)
7. Todd Murphy (Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs)
8. Ray Moujalli (Dave Nelson)
9. Pat Politoni (Select Music)
10. Tim Robinson (Craig Leonard)
11. Tinirau Arona (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)
12. Sami Sauiluma (Steven Helmich)
13. Junior Roqica (Discount Ski Tubes & Gear)
14. Andrew Pearn (Nifty Foods & Good Fellows)
15. Kurt Kara (Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs)
16. Nesiasi Mataitonga (BRI Ferrier & Deicorp)
17. Saulala Houma (Alan Bell & Patrick Zahra)
Coach: Greg Matterson (Crust Pizza Dulwich Hill)
NEWTOWN JETS WANT YOU TO BE PART OF OUR BIGGEST CROWD THIS SEASON!
This Saturday is BEAT THE CROWD Day at Henson Park. Help us smash our legendary regular crowd of 8,972 as we take on Canterbury Bulldogs at ‘the jewel in the crown of R-r-r-r-r-r-r-rugby League grounds’.
It’s Retro Rugby League at its finest, it’s FUN for all ages, there will be FREE jumping castles and face painting so bring the kids, your mates, have a kick, sink a few beers and smash a few snags on the hill.
Entry is just ten bucks at the gate, five if you’re an FBi supporter or Bulldogs member and free for Kids under 16, Cronulla Sharks ticketed & Petersham RSL members.
We’ll also be paying tribute to our tough hooker and utility forward Kurt Kara, who will play his 100th NSW Cup match with Newtown this Saturday. Kara is a product of the Waikato Rugby League and the New Zealand Warriors development systems, and has given sterling service to the Jets since joining the Newtown club in 2011. He displayed exceptional courage and grit in playing a key role in Newtown’s 2012 NSW Cup Grand Final victory after having undergone extensive ear surgery just days before the game.
All Newtown members, supporters and friends are then invited to the GOLDEN BARLEY HOTEL after Saturday’s match at Henson Park. The GOLDEN BARLEY HOTEL is located at 165 Edgeware Road Enmore.