Newtown Team List v Illawarra Cutters Sat 9th May
Newtown Jets has named its team for the VB NSW Cup Round 9 clash versus Illawarra being played at Henson Park, Saturday 9th May, 3pm kick-off.
Many thanks to our Player Sponsors listed in brackets.
1. Nathan Gardner (VIP Management)
2. Nesiasi Mataitonga (Golden Barley Hotel)
3. Mitch Brown (Charles Bailey Urbane Property Inner West)
4. Blake Ayshford (Wyong Golf Club Brasserie)
5. Jacob Gagan (Golden Barley Hotel)
6. Dallas Wells (Undercover Music)
7. Todd Murphy (Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs)
8. Andrew Pearn (Dave Nelson)
9. Pat Politoni (Select Music)
10. Saulala Houma (Craig Leonard)
11. Tarek El Masri (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)
12. Patrice Siolo (Deicorp)
13. Tim Robinson (Discount Ski Tubes & Gear)
14. Kurt Dillon (Alan Bell & Patrick Zahra)
15. Kurt Kara (Steven Helmich)
17. Ray Moujalli (BRI Ferrier)
19. Daniel Abou-Sleiman (Good Fellows)
21. Malakai Houma (Nifty Foods)
Coach: Greg Matterson (Crust Pizza Dulwich Hill)
The Jets return to Henson Park this Saturday, 9th May, to take on the Illawarra Cutters (the NSW Cup feeder club to the high-flying St George-Illawarra Dragons) at 3.00pm. There are two curtain-raisers at Henson Park this Saturday: Manly-Warringah plays the Newcastle Knights in the NYC (NRL Under 20’s) at 11.00am, and the Manly Sea Eagles then play the New Zealand Warriors in a 9th round NSW Cup match at 1.00pm.
The Newtown Jets and the Illawarra Cutters are playing for the custodianship of the Tom Kirk Cup and Saturday is also Ladies Day at Henson Park, when the Newtown Jets club will salute the enormous contribution made by women at so many levels of the modern-day Rugby League code.
All Newtown members, supporters and friends are then invited to the Golden Barley Hotel after Saturday’s matches at Henson Park. The Golden Barley Hotel is located at 165 Edgeware Road Enmore.
Australia’s oldest rugby league football club celebrates its 115th birthday on Sunday, 8th January 2023
Newtown Jets respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the Land and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on and that the land area encompassing Henson Park traditionally belonged to the Gadigal people of the Eora nation.