ROUND 2 TEAM LIST
Newtown Jets head coach Greg Matterson has named his team for Friday afternoon’s clash with Newcastle at Central Coast Stadium.
After missing round 1 through injury, Luke Metcalf is set to make his debut for the Jets at fullback with Honeti Tuha moved onto the wing. The team also has a new centre combination with Jonah Ngaronoa and Kayal Iro replacing injured duo Tyrone Phillips and Jackson Ferris.
2019 captain Jack A.Williams returns in the halves, while Kayleb Milne and Dylan O’Connor also join the side. This week’s game is set to kick-off at 3:30pm on Friday.
NEWTOWN JETS TEAM: ROUND 2 V NEWCASTLE
1. Luke Metcalf (Kris Gale & Brasco)
2. Edward Aiono (Golden Barley Hotel)
3. Jonah Ngaronoa (Charles Bailey Urbane Property Inner West)
4. Kayal Iro (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)
5. Honeti Tuha (Golden Barley Hotel)
6. Jack A Williams (Adam Whyte)
7. Manaia Rudolph (The Daaboul Family)
8. Thomas Hazelton (Mark Dewar)
9. Zac Woolford (Glen Archibald)
10. Daniel Vasquez (Dave Nelson & Steven Helmich)
11. Kayleb Milne (Manoosh Pizzeria)
12. Bronson Garlick (Nifty Foods)
13. Gabe Hamlin (Loudon & Vaughan Private Wealth)
14. Monty Raper (BRI Ferrier & Label Plus)
15. Kyle Paterson (Wayne Leong & Kim Fuller)
16. Brock Gray (Good Fellows Sports & Socks)
22. Dylan O’Connor (SMI – Sports Medicine Institute)
Coach: Greg Matterson (Arc Commercial Furniture)
Australia’s oldest rugby league football club celebrates its 115th birthday on Sunday, 8th January 2023
Newtown Jets respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the Land and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on and that the land area encompassing Henson Park traditionally belonged to the Gadigal people of the Eora nation.