Newtown Team List v Wests Tigers Sat 2nd Apr, 2016
It’s Hipsters Day this Saturday 2nd April at Henson Park and Newtown Jets has named its team for the Intrust Super Premiership NSW Round 5 clash versus local rivals Wests Tigers kicking off at 3pm. There will also be Cronulla Sharks Junior Reps matches from 11am.
Many thanks to our Player Sponsors listed in brackets.
- Arana Taumata (VIP Management)
- Mitch Brown © (Golden Barley Hotel)
- Travis Robinson (Charles Bailey Urbane Property Inner West)
- Matt Evans (Bistro 319 – Wyong Golf Club)
- Jacob Gagan (Golden Barley Hotel)
- Josh Cleeland (BRI Ferrier)
- Fa’amanu Brown (Good Fellows Sports)
- Junior Roqica (Dave Nelson)
- Matt McIlwrick (Select Music)
- Jesse Sene-Lefao (Craig Leonard)
- Kurt Capewell (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)
- Anthony Moraitis (Steven Helmich)
- Kurt Kara (Discount Ski Tubes & Gear)
- Jason Schirnack (Nifty Foods)
- Jaline Graham (Wayne Leong)
- Kurt Dillon (Labelplus)
- Malakai Houma (Alan Bell & Patrick Zahra)
Coach: Greg Matterson (Crust Pizza Dulwich Hill)
Last year, Newtown’s very own Jets were rated the greatest hipster club in the Rugby League world by Rugby League Week… This year they plan on keeping the title!
Get along to Newtown Jets’ Hipsters Day this Saturday and cheer on the men all dressed in blue.
“I live a short walk from Henson Park and the ironic, hipster nostalgia surrounding the Jets is enormous.” (Steve Mascord, Rugby League Week)
Entry is ten bucks or FREE with a beard.
For families, there’s nothing more hip at Henson Park than the Hardi Aged Care Family Hill featuring bigger than ever jumping castles, face painting, pass the ball, Ice Cream Joe’s Mr Whippy & Barista along with JETMAN just for starters. There’s also Young Henrys’ NEWTOWNER, Natural Lager & Cloudy Cider available for all the Mums, Dads and over 18s.
All Newtown members, supporters, hipsters and friends are invited to The VIC on the Park Marrickville after Saturday’s match at Henson Park to continue the vibe. The VIC on the Park Marrickville is located at 2 Addison Road, Marrickville.